Saturday, February 13, 2010

Naughty Bears! Or I will NOT Be Thwarted!

Laying in bed last night...er, early am....listening to my poor Patch cough from a partially collapsed trachea and suffering from heart burn myself, I began thinking about this next blog. I had finished two bears this past week, both of which were NOT COOPERATING with their creation! I can remember my mother saying, "I will NOT be thwarted!" any time any one of us balked at what she expected us to do in any situation. Mostly it was because she EXPECTED us to perform at church, in PUBLIC, of all things, and we children were not wanting to display our lack of talents to everyone. Not to be "thwarted" mother would insist. (Her will be done and our will be damned!) I don't know if the thwarting issue came about because she was the ONLY girl in her family and also the YOUNGEST. I've found from my humble experience that the YOUNGEST child carries a lot of weight in any family with his/her demands being met ASAP, while the OLDEST has to acquiesce to these demands. It happens to me still at the old age of 65! (Politicians should be THWARTED, but they aren't any more. It's an interesting word....look it up!)

Anyway, in my desire to create and not to be THWARTED by any inanimate ole bear, you can see the results in the picture below (above?). All I need to create for this ole guy (besides a name) is an old leather book for him to place open on his lap. My other bear creation has not been photoed yet; he needs a name, too.

I must admit to being partial to "art bears" as I call my creations. I never get the faces to look exactly the same on any bear I create, and I have found that if I don't like the face, I need to embellish it to "fix it" until I AM satisfied with the piece. So, I tell myself that people do not look exactly alike (even twins) so why should bears all look exactly alike? So this is where the One-Of-A-Kind comes in. After all, by the time I'm finished with each piece, I am tired (of it) and am moved to go on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment