Saturday, April 19, 2014

Part 2 of April's Theme.....

I finished the photo shoot this am. I need more "how-to-photo-the work" instruction; IPhoto does not seem to work too well in clarifying details of the bear creations, etc. If the bears are dark, the details do not show well at all, even when I "adjust" the software. Something I need to work on for sure. Anyway, here's some more creations for the Philadelphia, PA show....MUCH BETTER when seen in person!!


This is the "2014 Artist Bear" created from vintage wool carriage robe... variegated brown tones....large bear 26 inches decorated with glittery jewels and crystals. I used the needle felting machine to add various colors of roving, mohairs, then used hand needles to finish it off. I am very pleased, though this photo does not do this bear justice!








This is "Harry L and the Barber 2014" created from LONG mohair fur to create eyebrows, mustache, and goatee. The little guy (the barber?? You decide who's who) is sitting on an antique mustache cup with his own shaving brush.








This is "Rufus" a self-standing bear created from 2 different mohair furs. An original pattern....Love this guy!
















I managed to create ten new pieces for the May show!! So passed the winter, having fun and soothing the "savage beast" of frustration. I really wanted to be in Florida! Laughing....


No comments:

Post a Comment